[plug] FW: New network card - update

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Sat Oct 31 18:05:55 WST 1998

Got it:
1) to search lots of files:
	find . | xargs grep "0x300"

'find .' finds all files from this directory down all subdirs (should
really have '-type f')
xargs makes up command lines from stdin
grep found "0x300" in the file /etc/conf.modules.  Since I was looking
in rc.d and down I wasn't getting far!

'conf.modules' had an options line for the ne module.  I just slapped a
hash in front of the line.  Now the new card works.  At last.

p.s. anyone want to comment on the history and current applicability of
semicolons and hashes as comment markers?  Does each come from differnet
schools?

K.