[plug] Loss of X mouse control

Peter Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 21 14:34:24 WST 1998

>   Leadtek WinFast 3D S680  (AGP - if that matters)
>
> video card which is 4MB, has chipset:
>
>   S3 ViRGE/GX2
>
> and uses the
>
>   XF86_SVGA

Greg,

Would make any difference if you used (upgraded on the weekend -> now
have Millenium G200)the XF86_S3V X server whixh is designed for the Virge
servies of Chipsets, I use to have a S3Virge with 4Mb RAM (PCI Version)
with a PS/2 Intellimouse. I used the S3V X server in this config no
Problems, I never tried the SVGA Driver as I thought it better to use the
specific X server.

Anyway just another thought.

Peter

BTW Has anyone had any luck the the Millenium G200 eith SuSE X Server for
the G200, I have it working at 1024 x 768 at 8 bit colour but can't seem
to get it any higher.