[plug] Quakeathon Report

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Apr 1 11:15:38 WST 1999

A good time, naturally, was had by all. Truly enormous amounts of pizza
(Eagle Boys $5 specials) were consumed, and the excitement of hearing
"AAAAaaaargh!* <bashes keyboard>" in your left ear and "Yeah!" in your
right ear at the same time was unequalled. (-:

The wires ran hot with various versions of things (2.2.4 kernel, for
example, and now I'm going to run off patches for a while...).

We had at least one new female member attend. That's four now, counting
Tamara!

At least one non-Linux person walked away with a fresh new Linux box.

Some IRC was chatted. For future sessions, use the server at
irc.linux.org.au and the channel #plug (Tamara, I don't know if you'll
be awake at the time...).

The occasional tour of Networx was organised (thanks Matt!). You've
never seen so many individual modems in one place, I think not even in
iiNet's machine-room!

The use of GW as a venue during the week was discussed and Peter (GW
manager) is very interested in seeing this happen, wants to plow some of
any rent we pay him back into advertising us, for example. See next
message from me.

We retired at about 2200 (10PM) and generally went home exhausted.

* "Your mother was a hippo."
--
"Oh Bentson, you are so mercifully free from the ravages of intellect."
		-- Evil, The Time Bandits