[plug] "the debate"

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Thu Apr 1 14:11:57 WST 1999

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Peter Caffin wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Leon Brooks wrote:
> > Roger Yerramsetti wrote:
> > > ok... i took the bait. so sue me ;-)
> > Did you ever! (-: Doesn't _anyone_ read headers these days? :-)
> Personally, I didn't recognise the email address. I added
> greg at networx.net.au in my .procmail kill filter without blinking an eye.

I think what he is referring to is that the first post I sent under my
real name, since I originally wrote it as extended sarcasm until I
realised it probably looked like a troll - which was why I signed it Bill
so that noone would think I was serious.
After Justin thought I was serious I wished I'd just put smileys in
instead, but when I got David's reply it made it worthwhile. :)
I wasn't actually expecting anyone to take it seriously - I gave's Bill's
email address as Thought.Assassin at aol.com, for heaven's sake. :)
Even those who don't know that Thought Assassin used to be in my name
field when I was first on the list should twig to the fact that an aol
user is unlikely to post to PLUG.
Of course, when the next mails claimed to be from yahoo, msn, hotmail,
etc....

Basically I thought I was giving it away every mail I sent, but the
broader the hints got, the further they went over people's heads.
It has really taught me something about how clear you need to be in
communication via email or news.
You guy's are gonna hafta endure even more smileys in my posts from now
on. :)

-Greg Mildenhall