[plug] "the debate"

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 1 14:54:31 WST 1999

Methinks perhaps that lump of irony that someone tried to use, wasn't heavy
enough!

It was weird that someone should post the messages that were posted, so
strongly pro window$, but after the haze cleared, and it became clear that
the email addresses at the end of the message were changing, and the name
Bill G Gruff didn't match the greg at networx, and the Bill G Gruff didn't
really take too much thinking to figure Billy Goat Gruff; it became a bit
more amusing to watch the flies hit the web. The seriousness of the messages
was also a bit dubious, given the "Thought Assassin" part at the end; it was
clear that it was just baiting.

In retrospect, the message, where you were talking to Matt at networx, and
would ask him who this Bill G Gruff was, was a nice touch, and, as shown,
should have led to the big click; this person is using the same email
address as Bill G Gruff!

I think the procmail kill filter was perhaps a rather large fly hitting the
web, especially with the "nuke-em" attitude, the same as applied, by the
empire, overseas, at present.

No-one answered the query about who did in the Billy Goat Gruff, but it
appears, from the text below, that no-one did, so Bill G Gruff lives to do
more trolling...

Bret Busby
bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fax/phone:    +61 8 9399 3820