[plug] apt-get segfaulting

Peter Caffin pc at it.net.au
Sun Apr 11 19:37:41 WST 1999

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Andrew Howell wrote:
> Has you passed your obviously constructive critism on to someone useful?

The Debian search script uses a different paradigm to standard search
engines, it seems. Why would they take notice of someone who wants a more
standard keyword-only paradigm when they've consciously gone with another
one.

The main reason I haven't emailed anything to the webmasters at
www.debian.org is, of course, it doesn't matter to me as I have easy
access to another search method which works in the way I want/expect.
I am not inconvenienced by their search script enough to bother with the
task of convincing them ;).

In any case, everyone else seems to like it the way it is. I hereby bow
out of this thread as I'm obviously in the minority on this absurdly
unimportant topic. You may question my judgement, intelligence and sanity
at will :).

 _oo__ |_|_ |__  _ |  _ |_|_o _  pc at it dot net dot a u |
/                 PO Box 869, Hillarys WA 6923, AUSTRALIA |