[plug] Image Browsers?

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Mon Apr 12 10:02:15 WST 1999

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Are there any Image Browsers of similar power for UNIX/Linux??

I dunno if it's as powerful (I haven't used ACDSee in _ages_) but I use
imagemagick (graphics/imagemagick_4.0.4-3.deb) for general
viewing/touching up images.
Use "display 'vid:*'" to get it to show a "visual image directory" of your
cwd.

> Hmmm. I wonder how hard it would be to link an image viewer to the KDE
> file manager to show the currently highlighted file... ^_^;;

Sounds like a good idea.. Perhaps you could suggest it on one of their
mailing lists..

 - Matt