[plug] Fwd: [SLUG] Lucky 13 for Linux

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Thu Apr 15 17:12:47 WST 1999

Says who?

When I was younger, where I was brought up, Labour Day mean that people in
the community got together, and built a house, or a barn, or whatever, for
someone in the community who needed it. And, when hay making time came
around, people would get together, and the hay would be made by the people
in the community, on each of the farms, without cost, apart from
refreshments. This way, resources such as labour and machinery, were put to
the maximum and most efficient use.
But, the Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics must be remembered; everything tends
to chaos. Thus, that has now gone. It was not a religious community, just
neighbours working together for the common good. People can do it, if they
want, and there's nothing unnatural about it. It's like sexual intercourse.
It's natural, but that doesn't mean that people will do it.

Bret Busby