[plug] Setting up a monitor

Jamie Moir moir at opera.iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 16 10:46:43 WST 1999

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, mystery wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone help me with this please?
>
> We have a monitor that has a top horizontal refresh rate of 54 KHz.  The
> lowest refresh rate I can find in Xconfigurator's monitor selection menu is
> 60 KHz.
>
> Is there a way to select 54 KHz or...
>
> Will selecting 60 KHz damage the monitor?

just as a side note, why use xconfigurator, xf86config and xf86setup are
both very well behaved, xf86setup particularly might be good for you as
itd got a visual representation of the monitor refresh values

jamie

ps: its probably quite close to impossible to actually smoke a non fixed
frequency monitor