[plug] SuSE is the best

Christian christian at global.net.au
Fri Apr 16 17:46:10 WST 1999

"Rick (VK6EP)" wrote:

> Well, let me advise all. If you're looking for a new distribution to try,
> give SuSE a serious thought. The 5 CD package with book cost me 56.95. I
> think you can get a single CD, but not too sure. The 5 CD package comes
> with an enormous amount of software, such as KDE, StarOffice 5.0,
> Aplixware, Xfree 3.3 etc, etc.
>
> LSL, have quite a bit of info on it, if you care to have a browse.
>
> http://www.lsl.com.au/
>
> As you can see, and I don't try to hide it, I'm impressed.
>
> (Red Hat??? Isn't that what red riding hood wore???)

Have you tried Debian?  How long have you been using Linux?  Excuse me
if I'm wrong (no offense is intended) but it hasn't been all that long,
has it?  This makes your requirements and judgements a little different
from someone who perhaps has been using Linux for several years.  It's
great that you find SuSE so suitable to your requirements but statements
like "SuSE is the best" aren't really constructive and are more likely
to create flame wars than produce any sensible debate.  If you've found
a particular distribution to be suitable for your needs then terrific -
tell everyone - but be careful about telling everyone that what you're
using is definitely the best and implying that maybe everyone should
change.

Regards,

Christian.