[plug] SuSE is the best

Rick (VK6EP) rickd at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 16 18:43:14 WST 1999

At 05:46  16/04/99 +0800, you wrote:
>"Rick (VK6EP)" wrote:
>>
>> Well, let me advise all. If you're looking for a new distribution to try,
>> give SuSE a serious thought. The 5 CD package with book cost me 56.95. I
>> think you can get a single CD, but not too sure. The 5 CD package comes
>> with an enormous amount of software, such as KDE, StarOffice 5.0,
>> Aplixware, Xfree 3.3 etc, etc.
>>
>> LSL, have quite a bit of info on it, if you care to have a browse.
>>
>> http://www.lsl.com.au/
>>
>> As you can see, and I don't try to hide it, I'm impressed.
>>
>> (Red Hat??? Isn't that what red riding hood wore???)

(OOOOOO!! Dribling at the mouth. I just can't resist...)

>Have you tried Debian?  How long have you been using Linux?  Excuse me

Nope, and a few months.

>if I'm wrong (no offense is intended) but it hasn't been all that long,
>has it?  This makes your requirements and judgements a little different
>from someone who perhaps has been using Linux for several years.  It's

Yup, just the point I want to make. FOR A NEW CHUM, SuSE IS THE BEST.
I guess we do want to get new people onto Linux?????

>great that you find SuSE so suitable to your requirements but statements
>like "SuSE is the best" aren't really constructive and are more likely
>to create flame wars than produce any sensible debate.  If you've found

I guess there may be more people with practical common sense on this group
then you imagine. I'm sure most can come to a sensible conclusion, based on
many, not just my opinion.
(By the way, everyone is entitled to my opinion, if they want it.)

>a particular distribution to be suitable for your needs then terrific -
>tell everyone - but be careful about telling everyone that what you're
>using is definitely the best and implying that maybe everyone should
>change.

I'd certainly think that if a few people use something, and think it's
good, a new chum may be influenced by this. If you have a favorite distro,
like Debian, stay with it. NEVER FIX, WHAT ISN'T BROKEN.

Cheers
Rick

E=Mail    - rickd at iinet.net.au
Home Page - http://opera.iinet.net.au/~rickd/index.html