[plug] .telnetrc or Expect for telnet automation?

Peter Caffin pc at it.net.au
Sat Apr 17 13:30:12 WST 1999

Hi guys,

The man page for telnet seems to imply that you can set up a .telnetrc
file to automate a telnet session (much like .netrc does with ftp).
However, I haven't been able to find any documentation on the WWW
regarding this. Does anyone have a URL?

Something else I've seen mentioned is Expect, which appears to be a more
general scripting program for "interactive" scripting. If I can't find
info on .telnetrc, I'll probably go down this path.. but I'd prefer not to.

 _oo__ |_|_ |__  _ |  _ |_|_o _  pc at it dot net dot a u |
/                 PO Box 869, Hillarys WA 6923, AUSTRALIA |