[plug] re: multiple accounts

Jon L. Miller jlmiller at wantree.com.au
Tue Apr 20 18:55:09 WST 1999

I've a client that has several e-mail accounts that they want to keep.
What would be the best way to handle these accounts.  We will be
implementing a GroupWise e-mail system (Novell) on the network.  This
system will access (we have two options here) either a Linux box or it
can go straight to the Internet.  The problem however lies in the fact that
e-mail accounts go to several domains at the ISP.  My question is do I
have the ISP re route the mail to the domain (which makes sense) or do
I have the ISP keep sending the mail to the user. If the later is true can I
have the Linux box do some sort of re routing?

What I would like to be able to do is have the following:
1) if email is for mycar at abc.com.au then this is rerouted to
Username at company_domain.com.au.  Also if email is for
gold at xyz.com.au, then reroute to
Username at company_domain.com.au.

This user needs to be able to handle 2 different accounts and both
needs to reach him at the company_domain.com.au.  He needs to be
able to send e-mail under two different identities.  If he is using the one
client any ideas how he will be able to accomplish this?

Any ideas are welcomed.

Jon L. Miller, Master CNE ASE
Senior Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd