[plug] Fwd: [Fwd: The Gospel of Tux (v1.0)]

Mark Vandenbos spider at opera.iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 23 14:43:01 WST 1999

Hi everyone.... i have a rather large dilemma...  i am trying to install
redhat linux 5.2 on a 486 dx2 66 overdrive. I have the basic cards already
installed (video, network card) when i use my trusty ole bootdisk (created
from (rawrite.exe > /bootimg/boot.img - the apcmag cdrom)... the system
works fine when i run 95... but.. when i grab my Redhat start up disk, i
go to boot it... hit enter at the install type (expert/normal) and it
loads the kernel and a few other things.. but the it checks the scsi.. and
the partitions ... heres what pops up

Partition check:
divide error: 0000
CPU:	0
EIP:	0010:[<00126393>]

it does show more... about a whole page... looks like cpu registers or
something to me.. but i dsont know...  but thats about it.. just wondering
if any of u's had encountered the problem b4

thanks in advance

Mark Van Den Bos 	   /      \
aka "Spider Man" 	 '-.`\()/`.-'
Spider at iinet.net.au    / /` /`""`\ `\ \