[plug] COMPARISON BETWEEN NT AND LINUX PERFORMANCE (Retraction !!!!!) (2 4/04/99)

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Tue Apr 27 20:59:04 WST 1999

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Jon L. Miller wrote:
> Just remember Mindcraft did a so-call study against Novell's OS and
> made the same claims.  It is obvious that they are a paid consultant of
> MS and will continue to spread the MS word.  If you can do the study
> yourself and come to your own decision.  But as DLHilton said, chose
> the OS that suits the task.
Actually, he said:

"Cut the jabber - learn from others how to pick and choose the "best" OS
for the application at hand."

Which, to me, includes reviewing tests others have performed. If I were
looking for an HTTP/SMB server, this would be a report I might look at
closely. That is why it is important that people are made aware of the
extraordinary lengths Mindcraft have gone to in order to invalidate the
accuracy of the survey. The jabber will hopefully save a lot of people
from making mistakes based on the horrendous misinformation presented by
the Mindcraft debacle.

-Greg Mildenhall