[plug] Chat, Kernal config and Slink

Navarre navarre at omen.net.au
Fri Apr 30 21:27:55 WST 1999

Hello Members

I have three questions I an seeking answers for:

One: Where can I find the source code to the chat program what is used
with pppd?
I found a program with the same name but it was for console to console
user keyboard chating, I want the one that controls the modem.

Two: What is the name and where is it located for the config file that
is generated by the 'make menuconfig' process? An I correct in thinking
that if I backed up this file I could rebuild the kernal as it was
should a full reload be performed?

Three: I wish to upgrade/ change my system from Caldera 1.3 to Debian
Slink or better. I am seeking copies of the relivent CD(s), can a member
assist me with copies?

--

- Regards Navarre -
<navarre at omen.com.au>