[plug] SCSI card question

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Aug 4 17:33:59 WST 1999

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 03:59:25PM +0800, Chris Griffin wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience getting a TekRam dc310 scsi card working
> under LINUX?
> I foolishly purchased one and it does not seem to detect at install time
> (RH 6.0)

Haven't tried that specific one, but the NCR53c810's are wonderful cards -
dirt cheap, with great performance. You find them all over the place. How
much was yours, from where? Can you boot off it?

Support's so good that you've got a choice of three drivers. ::-)

As gleaned from the kernel compilation help ;
NCR53c7,8xx:	Supports the 53c810, but recommends using one of the
		newer drivers
NCR53c8XX:	Should work nicely. Ported from BSD sources.
SYM53c8XX:	Based on NCR53c8XX. Should work very nicely indeed,
		though it's dropped support for some older 53c810
		cards.

More info in /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/README.ncr53c8xx .

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal