[plug] re; path settings

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Thu Aug 5 00:29:20 WST 1999

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Jon L. Miller wrote:
> I'm not too sure if Linux even have this, but I'm looking for a way to
> set a path statement in RH6 and to maintain that statement when I telnet
> into the box.
When you say "maintain" do you mean you want the same path regardless of
whether you are at the console or telnetting in? In that case, just man
<shell of choice> and see what .files get executed when you login or
telnet in. Edit the path assignment line in those files. (at least one of
them should have one)

If you want to set your $PATH on one box, then telnet to another box and
magically have the same $PATH, then refer to the previous response, but be
sure the abovementioned files don't override anything.

-Greg