[plug] GICQ or just plain ICQ

Len Bird lenbird at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 5 21:00:05 WST 1999

Hi all I have just installed GICQ apparently succesfully inasmuch that I
have an executable file "gicq" in /usr/local/bin etc. However I cannot
work out how to persuade it to actually function!  Presumably one has to
have an online connection to the ISP and this I have and currently use
Netscape 4.6 as a browser.  CaI would appreciate a bit of background
info from someone who uses the. I also have another ICQ emulator loaded,
"nicq" and likewise this ia also a closed shop.

Cheers,   Len Bird.