[plug] creating partitions

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Fri Aug 6 04:26:32 WST 1999

> Grant,
> If I'm right you have to use a smaller partition for the boot partition,
> it is stated in the manual that came with RH6.  Also in the HOWTO
> installation of RH6 it lists something to this nature.

The manual that comes with RHL 6 is wrong for almost all Pentium and later
systems : the exceptions are (I think) confinded to Pentiums up to 66 (or
70 Mhz?) Mhz. About that time systems shipping were properly LBA-capable
and the problem went away.

Some of the later 486 systems are okay too; I suspect the defining
difference is PCI hardware.
--
Cheers
John Summerfield