[plug] creating partitions

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Fri Aug 6 04:18:51 WST 1999

> I have at present a problem creating partitions with redhat. I am
> installing rh6 using a boot disk I do a custom install and use disk
> druid, when I try to create a  native partition with a mount point of
> /  'root' I get a message that the  "boot partition is to big"  and it
> has not been allocated, this happens no matter what size I specify and
> since it is a 4G drive that is totally dedicated to Linux I am at a loss
> as to what could be causing this. I am able to format and use the whole
> drive in windows and up until today I was able to do the same with
> Linux. I have tried using partition magic as well and although this will
> create and format the partitions when I do the install I am unable to
> write the bootloader to the MBR or any other partition. Any thoughts on
> this from anyone would be greatfully appreciated.

Have you tried it NOT using Disk Druid? I've just installed RHL 6 onto a 6
Gb drive, thouhg not all formatted as a single partition; we ran foul of
the stupid rule that ays "You must have a swap partition," and besides
this, we wanted space for Winders, and for future growth. (RHL 7?)

--
Cheers
John Summerfield