[plug] Microsoft ask users to crack win2000 site (fwd)

Matt Bruce Matt.Bruce at alphawest.com.au
Fri Aug 6 11:30:27 WST 1999

Trevor Phillips (phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au) wrote:

>And you're not allowed to flood it, I think, was another rule...

OK...this is where it becomes most ludicrous. "Try to crack our system any
way you can, EXCEPT by using methods 'A', 'B', 'D'-through-'G', or 'P'".

Is this a real cracking test or a McDonald's-style publicity competition???
I'm sure it'll look good on the sales guff at release time, "Win2K: proven
unbeatable by the hackers and crackers of the Internet..."

--
Matt Bruce   <matt.bruce at alphawest.com.au>
Security & Internet Engineer