[plug] Microsoft ask users to crack win2000 site (fwd)

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Aug 6 11:58:47 WST 1999

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Matt Bruce wrote:

> Trevor Phillips (phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au) wrote:
>
> >And you're not allowed to flood it, I think, was another rule...
>
> OK...this is where it becomes most ludicrous. "Try to crack our system any
> way you can, EXCEPT by using methods 'A', 'B', 'D'-through-'G', or 'P'".

Easy on the MS-bashing guys - this is totally reasonable.
A denial-of-service attack is always way easier than actually breaking
their security to read or modify data. I'll bet cutting their power lines
wouldnt count either.

And BTW, MS sell lots of good apps that dont suck, except that they wont
run on a decent non-sucking OS. Even MSIE sucks less than Netscape.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	Many are cold, but few are frozen.