[plug] re: some questions

Damion Hill dhill at wantree.com.au
Sun Aug 8 20:50:49 WST 1999

G'day Jon,

"Jon L. Miller" wrote:

> 1) how do I copy a file from a workstations (W95/98/NT) to the server....
> FTP? from a remote Linux server to another Linux server?

FTP or use samba. Make a share available, map it from the workstation
and copy the files to the new 'drive'. For linux to linux, I'm still
using ftp myself but you can use NFS (I'm going out on a limb here,
never used NFS) and mount a remote filesystem then copy the files as if
they were to a local directory.

> 2) I was looking for vim rpms, all I was able to find is
> vim-5.3-3.src.rpm.  What does the src in the filename means?  can I
> install it or am I'm looking for a i386.rpm format?

Check
http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/linux/redhat/redhat-6.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/

The 'src' refers to the rpm having the source code. The above URL has
the rpms you would need although VIM should be installed by default I
would imagine.

Cheers,
Damion.

--