[plug] reconfiguration

Brendan Whelan brendan at dci.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 10 11:25:23 WST 1999

Hi All,
I come from a Solaris background, which means I can reboot -r and the box
automagically sees new devices.  A linux box I have is now sporting a tape
drive (on a SCSI card) and an extra network card.  Is there a lazy way
(like reboot -r) of configuring these devices into the system?

BTW, I got a floppy drive error on startup - way back in the hw check.  Did
I blow it up, or is there an interrupt / port conflict?  Can I tell from
the console?

Any of your comments will be welcome.

Cheers,

Brendan

Laboratory Medicine
Royal Perth Hospital
+61 8 9224 2426 / 0419 615 931
I use a Macintosh...  what year 2000 problem?