[plug] Telstra CLI/CID Question

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Aug 12 12:47:29 WST 1999

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Garth Atkinson wrote:

> thread getting too muddy, I think telstra does things differently from
> other telcos around the world.  Given a caller ID of 0894445555 I think
> telstra insert white spaces betweem caller area code (eg 08) and number1

Is there any standard they are violating?
Any software that processes phone numbers should expect punctuation and
remove it. If you tell your modem to dial "08 12-34.5678" it should work
fine. Redundant spaces, dots, dashes etc are common and easily removed.
I'm surprised mgetty doesnt already do this. Hopefully Gert will accept a
patch.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	Many are cold, but few are frozen.