[plug] Bandwidth of ISDN

cthart at gbs.com.au cthart at gbs.com.au
Fri Aug 13 14:24:19 WST 1999

Brad,

What sort of speeds are you getting?
A single channel ISDN is not very fast, only around modem speed!

Cheers,

Colin

Bradley Browne <Brad.Browne at serco-ap.com.au> on 13/08/99 14:03:25

Please respond to plug at linux.org.au

 To:      "plug at linux.org.au" <plug at linux.org.au>

 cc:      (bcc: Colin 't Hart/PER/BIG/AU)

 Subject: [plug] Bandwidth of ISDN

I am setting up a Linux box to use an ISDN Line and it seems that the
download speeds are not up to scratch (subjectively at least).  I want
to know if there is a way for me to test the Bandwidth available, more
stringently than just downloading something and watching the Transfer
rate bounce.

Brad

Colin 't Hart         email: cthart at gbs.com.au
Systems Analyst
Geographic Business Systems Pty Ltd
The Garden Office Park
345 Harborne St            phone: 08 9443 8822
Herdsman WA 6017           fax:   08 9242 4412