[plug] iBCS module and other kernel loadable modules

Subba Rao subb3 at ibm.net
Sat Aug 14 17:30:44 WST 1999

Is this module a seperate installation, or is it included in the kernel development code?
I did not see it in the kernel source tree, yet the iBCS module in present in the /lib/modules/2.2.6
tree (it was installed during installation). I did not see it in the /lib/modules/2.2.10 tree.
The .config file for the new kernel did not have any flag for iBCS module.

Can kernel loadable modules be compiled and installed seperately from the kernel compilation?

Thanks for any info.

Subba Rao
subb3 at ibm.net
Disclaimer - I question and speak for myself.

http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/