[plug] PORNO and our internet

DarkeMane Industries darke at lilith.it.net.au
Sun Aug 15 14:09:20 WST 1999

On Sun, Aug 15, 1999 at 02:23:04PM -0700, John Menzies wrote:
> I HAD NOT FINISHED - WAY TOO FAST WITH THE MOUSE CLICK

<HUMOUR>
seen a doctor about that problem?
</HUMOUR>

> I oppose porno from a philosophical perspective as it sees the person and
> their unique gifts as no more than a commodity to buy and exploit - I feel
> that it does not enhance the life of the viewer of give him a better
> understanding of the world in which we live.  Simple - ask yourself about
> how this stuff really makes you feel!

No idea, I don't look at it, however I have no right to tell someone what
to do, unless what they are doing directly affects me or my family.

> That it is almost impossible to regulate this stuff over the medium is
> another question - in  the fullness of time - technology will allow for the
> censure of this material if that what society wishes.

Will it? Ever noticed the 'blackmarket' and the underground are always
2 steps ahead of authorities. Thats why it always has existed and always
will exist.

Peter 'darkewolf' Crystal
--
<darke at it.net.au>