[plug] Internet Oppression (again)

GB gb at perthpcug.org.au
Sun Aug 15 14:28:27 WST 1999

I think it's fair to say most of us are against porn being easily
available, whatever the circumstances of its creation, to kids.

The point is, the measures taken by the government simply won't be a sharp
knife.

Some of my uni notes (computer science) involving Linux admin or Unix
programming may become "bad" because it mentions ROOT.
That's a simple example. Deliberately.

As passionate as you are on religeous grounds, don't you think those who
wish to
use the sex industry should be accepted equally? Didn't Jesus accept the
prostitutes?

I believe the equally most important commandment is "Do unto others...", and
I'm sure you would not like your views suppressed because they are not
universally accepted!

For the record, I am mid 30's, couldn't be bothered with net porn and get
offended by hard line religeous views.

Sorry, much as I enjoy a debate, I am VERY busy this week.

Regards,

Garry.