[plug] Samba

cthart at gbs.com.au cthart at gbs.com.au
Mon Aug 16 16:09:12 WST 1999

Peter,

If you're not using the latest version of Samba (2.0.5a last I checked),
is there anything to suggest that your problems have been fixed in the
newer version?

Cheers,

Colin

I am using a Linux server as a file server (Samba) for an accounting database
application.

Samba works fine with low traffic stuff but when I re-index the database which
involves high disk i/o, the procedure takes a lot longer on the Linux server as
against a Win95/98 Server. For example: the Windows Server takes 5 mins against
the Linux Samba Server's 40 minutes using PC's of the same power through a
10Base network.

Any suggestions?

Colin 't Hart         email: cthart at gbs.com.au
Systems Analyst
Geographic Business Systems Pty Ltd
The Garden Office Park
345 Harborne St         phone: +61 8 9443 8822
Herdsman WA 6017          fax: +61 8 9242 4412