[plug] PORNO and our internet

Leon Brooks leonb at bounce.networx.net.au
Mon Aug 16 16:47:01 WST 1999

Mike Holland wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, John Menzies wrote:
>>  As for child porno which is obviously widespread on the net

> Is it??? Can you tell us where there is child porn on the net? I think
> its all a bit of a myth.

Click on browser, search... buckets of it. Oddly enough, the best
protection (aside from a few "preview" pix) appears to be that without
exception you require a credit card to see more than two or three shots
of the so-called "good" stuff at each site! Who would ever have thought
that the purveyors of this stuff would be the best filters?

Uh, just curious, Myk, but have you ever read "The Man From Mundania?"
One of Piers Anthony's /Xanth/ series? If so, is it ringing any bells?
(-:

--
"I think that's how Chicago got started.  A bunch of people in New York
 said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't