[plug] PORNO and our internet

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon Aug 16 10:14:03 WST 1999

On Sun, 15 Aug 1999, Subba Rao wrote:

> >It can be harmful to participants, but the shoe industry probably treats
> >its workers a lot worse. Does that make shoes bad?
> >
> Child labor IS NOT EQUAL TO Child Pornography. The folks who exchange

Whoa! Lets stop right there. This is getting silly. Nobody said anything
about kids in that context. Please lets not jump up and down fuming at the
bleeding obvious. Its a waste of bandwidth stating the trivial.

> Porno magazines are enough. Porno videos, again pushing hard on to the public.
> Now, Porno Internet. Please give me a break. Enough is enough.

I'm sorry. Were looking for an argument here. Any suggestions on how the
censorship laws might achieve their stated goals, or help society, would
be welcome. Best to avoid moral axioms.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	Many are cold, but few are frozen.