[plug] ComputerBank meeting Tues 24th 7:45pm

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Aug 19 10:27:07 WST 1999

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Michael Hunt wrote:

> Gary, how bout showing us pluggers some time "Debian Installs 101 - The easy
> way to run Linux", then maybe some of us might stop pushing the other
> distro's.

I'll second that .... I've installed debian a couple of time and the process
seemed alot harder than it should have been.  Also AFAICT there is a BIG
difference between debian with a working apt and just plain dpkg.

Don't get me wrong once debian is installed I like it ....

In short I think it would be a great topic for a UWA talk .... we've had
RedHat now lets see Matt/Greg/Gary install debain (with the mirror hosted at
UWA it shouldn't be too hard)

Yours Tony.