[plug] Samba printing problems

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Aug 19 23:47:04 WST 1999

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Mike Holland wrote:

>   Is there any way to increase the amount of logging to figure whats going

Oops, I found that before i posted. Must proof-read better.

> I tried "debug level = 3" but dont see anything useful. Setting
> an explicit "print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r -P%p %s" doesnt help either.

Actually, it seems it did solve the problem. I dont know what happened
then, but it works now.
 Seems samba didnt detect the error from whatever 'lpr' it was trying to
do before.

> (2) All the dates on 'smbmount'ed files (NT->Linux) are off by one hour.
> Going the other way using Samba, all is well. Bug in smbfs? 2.2.5 kernel.
> I recompiled the smbfs.o module without the "win 95 fix" to avoid the
> random-looling dates i was getting before.
>

> (3) My printer has only a 300 dpi driver for NT, but 600dpi for
> ghostscript, so I'd like to tell NT to use postscript. There is no
> "generic postscript" option, so which printer is a good choice?

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no
	feet, so I took his shoes.
	                -- Dave Barry