[plug] MP3 tagging and CDDB ...

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Aug 19 23:50:40 WST 1999

"Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Trevor Phillips wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a utility for tagging MP3's based on CDDB information? I'm
> > sure I've seen one before, but I can't find it now...
>
> ... You'll need cda to get the data, perl to massage it and run mp3info to bun
> it into the header.

Ummm. How does cda get the data? It looked like a console CD player to me, not
a CDDB search utility. Or is there another CDA util?

Hmmm. Or I could write a smart Perl Script to just connect to the cddb website
and pretend to be a client, parsing the results...

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :