[plug] Multiple possible PPP dialups and DNS

cthart at gbs.com.au cthart at gbs.com.au
Fri Aug 20 11:16:01 WST 1999

Hi all,

I have two possible PPP connections to the 'net,
1 to my place of work, and 1 to another family
member's place of work.

Then I also run a caching DNS.

How do I set bind up so that it can query the
DNS server of the currently connected PPP
connection?

How would it work if I didn't have a caching
(forward-only) DNS?

In my previous install (before my hard disk died)
I had bind setup to answer queries for local machines
too, but that's not currently setup.

Thanks for any illumination!

Colin

Colin 't Hart         email: cthart at gbs.com.au
Systems Analyst
Geographic Business Systems Pty Ltd
The Garden Office Park
345 Harborne St         phone: +61 8 9443 8822
Herdsman WA 6017          fax: +61 8 9242 4412