SMBFS, was Re: [plug] Samba printing problems

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Fri Aug 20 11:51:47 WST 1999

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Garth Atkinson wrote:

> I tried to emulate what you have experienced by modifying some of the
> time parameters in smb.conf and then remounting a win95 share. I couldnt

I think "smb.conf" is used by samba's smbd and nmbd. Its not relevant
here.

> I dont think its a kernel issue.
>
> After looking at proc.c in the samba source, smbfs will always apply the

There is a smbfs/proc.s in the kernel source. Is that the one?

> unix time zone to whatever date it gets from a smb share. It looks like
> a time zone problem of some sort. Can you test this by changing the
> linux timezone as a test?

OK, tried it. Same situation. Tried changing Win95 zone to same. Still
smbfs is one hour off, samba is OK.
  Locally, windoze VFAT files are all wrong of course, but NTFS is OK.

The samba.org webserver seems to be down now too. I'll look later.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
                          --==--
	I had no shoes and I pitied myself.  Then I met a man who had no
	feet, so I took his shoes.
	                -- Dave Barry