[plug] upgrades

Kenworthy Family billk at opera.iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 23 12:29:51 WST 1999

Hi all,
    is it possible to upgrade a RH5.2 system to latest kernel & I guess
glibc2.1 without too much difficulty - are there any other needed
packages?  There's starting to be a lot out there for 2.2 kernels that I
want (latest alsa drivers for one) but its mid-semester and I don't want
to kill the beast totally when its running very reliable.  I.d prefer
not to do a full install due the amount of software I would have to
reinstall/reconfigure even if I copy /usr across - much is compiled from
source against glibc2.0.

    Is it possible to install glibc 2.1 alongside 2.0, are they
backwards compatible?

BillK