[plug] local Debian mirrors.. was : Problem with apt

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Tue Aug 24 02:00:34 WST 1999

Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Have you tried some Perth mirrors? I use:
> deb ftp://ftp.uwa.edu.au/mirrors/linux/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb ftp://ftp.uwa.edu.au/mirrors/linux/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>
> (Plus a few others...)

I did not know uwa was hanging of the waix..
I had the USA sites in there because I could be sure that the default
sources.list
should work.. But it didn't on this box..
I have been using http://www.au.debian.org/debian..

But I see that uwa is closer than that.. so I'll give that a try..

What's the consensus on upgrading to Potato ?
Is it reasonably stable yet, and is it worth it ?

Also, having upgraded from Netscape 4.5 to 4.61 seems to be faster and
more responsive..
not up long enough to comment on stability..
Mozilla is looking pretty good too, though of course the stability is
not there.

Brad..