[plug] local Debian mirrors.. was : Problem with apt

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Mon Aug 23 19:40:31 WST 1999

Brad Campbell wrote:

> I did not know uwa was hanging of the waix..

Yep! ^_^
Although being at Murdoch myself, it's the other way around: WAIX hangs off
UWA. ^_^

> But I see that uwa is closer than that.. so I'll give that a try..

I've never had any problems with the UWA mirror, although a friend has reported
his box has been "poked" not long after doing a Debian install from it. ^_^

> What's the consensus on upgrading to Potato ?
> Is it reasonably stable yet, and is it worth it ?

I'm running Slink with bits of Potato (ie; Unstable branch). The only major
instability is between Netscape and libc6.1, so if you're a big Netscape user,
you may want to stick to libc6.0 or so. The bug occurs when a Netscape window
is closed; a random chance of the whole Netscape crashing, which is REALLY
annoying. When I have to, I just keep my windows to a minimum and recycle them
a lot. Most of the time I use Solaris Netscape via X-Windows. ^_^

: CWIS Technical Officer         -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :