[plug] Problem with apt

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Aug 23 10:50:56 WST 1999

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 09:15:08AM +0800, Brad Campbell wrote:
> G'day all..

Hi there.

> apt-get has stopped working..
> I just get a 403 Forbidden - by rule
> Error on every file it tries to download when I do an update..
>
> I know my sources.list file is ok, coz I coppied it to another machine
> and it worked ok..  It's basicly the default sources.list.. the one that
> points to http.us.debian.org
>
> If I put a couple of local links in, to my local debian slink images
> mounted over a loopback.. it works fine..
> I just cant do an update over ftp or http..

Okay, this is a very quick suggestion because I'm pressed for time :), but
I would suggest that you check your $ftp_proxy and/or $http_proxy
environment variables. I've had problems similar to the above previously,
and I think it usually involved apt-get having problems with the proxy.

If they're not set, try setting them to the correct value (and if they are
set, try unsetting them :).

> Cheers..
> Brad..

Don't know if that'll help, but it's worth a try :).

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
DINGO:   And after the spanking ... the oral sex.
GALAHAD: Oh, dear! Well, I...