[plug] Apache - how to make URLs case insensitive.

Leon Brooks leonb at bounce.networx.net.au
Sat Aug 28 23:15:59 WST 1999

Mike Holland wrote:
> I've installed some Windoze documentation on a Linux server, and some of
> the links have different case to the actual files.
>   How can I tell apache to try a case-insensitive match on URLs?
> I have read the config files and search the docs without success.

for x in *; do
  mv $x $(echo $x | tr [A-Z] [a-z])
done

(reverse the ranges to translate lower to UPPER case).

Else use sed or PERL on all of the .HTM files and fix the links. The sed
example is complex, you're probably better off using PERL.

Finally, if you are feeling masochistic, make a VD in VFAT format, mount
it in the webserver's directory structure and stick the unmodified dox
on that.