[plug] Encryption

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 29 00:07:56 WST 1999

Since someone on the mailing list appears to make a point in their messages, of
saying that they are encrypted (? I can read them, without decryption?), I
thought the following may interest some. Whilst I do not know how many bits of
encryption the standard uses (it may be the 40, 56 or 128 bit level), it shows
that breaking encryption can be done. And, whilst it used a supercomputer, I
understand that Beowulf on a cluster of Linux boxes can be similarly powerful.

Bret Busby