[plug] Couple of strange ones..

Christian christian at global.net.au
Mon Aug 30 11:20:29 WST 1999

Brad Campbell wrote:

> Is there any way to tell named to query the local hosts file as well?
> I can't seem to locate it in the docs.. tho I have been known to be
> blind at times..

I would like to know this too. :)  For memory, OpenBSD (probably other
BSDs) includes a directive in /etc/resolv.conf to allow you to tell the
resolver to look in the /etc/hosts file before attempting to query a
nameserver - I haven't been able to find any Linux equivalent... (sorry,
I know this doesn't help. ;-)

Regards,

Christian.

--
One of the most overlooked advantages to computers is...  If they do
foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little.