[plug] New Toys

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 31 14:01:51 WST 1999

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 10:25:13PM +0800, Gary Allpike inspired us all with
the funkiness of his new linux box thusly:

> 2.2.x - havent fiddled much yet :)
>
> I do have the i2c stuff compiled, so know all my voltages, fan speeds
> temps etc, also have my TV tuner card working - with Teletext :)

Cool. Hmmm, you might be able to help me out here...

Like probably quite a few others on the list, I'm thinking seriously about
purchasing myself a shiny new dual Celeron box very soon now. I wasn't
actually intending to play with overclocking the CPUs until then novelty of
measuring kernel compiles in minutes instead of 0.5-1 hours had worn off :).

However, your comment above makes me wonder... are you actually overclocking
your CPUs at the moment? If not, did you really need to purchase the
(extra?) fans?  Or is it just a good idea to have extra cooling stuff
happening for a dual CPU box in any case?

Oh, and just for a bonus annoying question :), what is this i2c stuff? Some
sort of CPU/mboard information utility?

> toys toys toys

I agree. Wheeeee. :)

> :)

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
Back in those days, men were men, boys were boys, and chemistry sets were
Chemistry Sets. Chemistry sets had real test tubes, and a real alcohol