[plug] Accessing a ext2fs from windows or dos

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Dec 2 11:34:52 WST 1999

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 09:38:45AM +0800, Paul Baumgarten wrote:
> If I have a dual boot box (Windows + Linux) and want to
> access the ext2fs while in Windows/Dos does someone
[...]

You'll be wanting the Filesystems HOWTO ;
http://www.penguin.cz/~mhi/fs/Filesystems-HOWTO/Filesystems-HOWTO.html

It contains links to the two mentioned so far. I've given fsdext2 a go
and it worked well (after an initial reboot).

I'd keep things read-only if i were you - I'd trust these implementations
of ext2fs less than I'd trust Linux'es implementation of FAT.

Nick.

--
  Nick Bannon  | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick at it.net.au | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal