[plug] Printer problem

stephen. steve at newton.dialix.com.au
Fri Dec 3 10:13:29 WST 1999

Peter Cooper wrote:
May i ask and add if you are getting nothing at all out of the printer
test ?
if so check the lp and parport  modules are installed .
with
lsmod
if theyr not there try
modprobe parport.o
and
modprobe lp.o

if they are try
cat anyoldfile >/dev/lp0
and or then
cat anyoldfile >/dev/lp1

to see if you actually have any data even getting there ?