[plug] telnet on Mandrake

Craig Foster craig_foster at cea.net.au
Fri Dec 3 14:38:21 WST 1999

I agree with the security features coming out in newer versions of Linux.
However, I think it was LinuxWorld which disagreed with Red Hat's decision
to copy Mandrake and OpenLinux in adding a non-root user upon first-time
installation for RH6.1.

I was kind of shocked to hear them preaching to newcomers that this is
unnecessary.

I've e-mailed the author with my thoughts, but we'll have to see whether
anything comes from this.

Now all we can wait for is an easier / prebuilt ipchains installation...

Regards,

Craig Foster