[plug] telnet on Mandrake

Craig Foster craig_foster at cea.net.au
Fri Dec 3 15:58:10 WST 1999

CommuniGate Pro used to be CommuniGate mail server for MacOS. Now it has
nearly all the functionality of Exchange, bar MAPI and Shared Calendar /
Schedules, without the headaches of HP OpenMail or SendMail Pro.

Features include (Caution : Following text may cause Acronym Anxiety...)

IMAP4, POP3, ESMTP, ACAP, SecurePOP, SMTP, LDAP, POPPWD, CGI, Customisable
HTTP & HTTPS (User & Admin), Front end and back end Clustering, External
Authentication, Single Package (RPM & TGZ), Aliasing, Mailing Lists, Shared
Mail-Boxes, Non-System Mail Accounts (ie the box only has *TWO* tty
logins!!), Server-Side Rules, excellent tech mailing list responses,
Multi-platform, <insert breath here>, Anti-spam Settings, User Web Space,
Netscape Roaming Support, Live Queue Reporting, and a whole lot more....

I thinking of giving up on the IMAP/Sendmail/OpenLDAP/Postfix/Qmail/AtDot
solution as one item changes and everyone has to bring out a compatible
version. That, and part of the product requirements is that future network
admins should be able to upgrade, administer, and work out what's going on.

The only downsides are that the program isn't GPL/Open Source, it's costs,
and if you want to externally administer the server, some ISP's block the
required ports

More information can be found on www.stalker.com under CommuniGate Pro,
where the CGP manual is online. (It is part of the package as well) There is
also a dealer in Sydney, which I can e-mail you details later. (ie when I
find them...:-)

Craig Foster.